Streetlamp Spotlight on Shonn Wiley
Today’s “Streetlamp Spotlight” is Shonn Wiley. We asked the guys five questions and will be sharing the results throughout the week.
1. What’s your favorite thing about touring? Meeting amazing people in each city. Touring can be difficult at times with long hours away from home. It’s the connection with our audience and seeing how happy and appreciative the crowd is that makes it all worth it.
2. Is your glass half full or half empty? Half full. I always have a positive outlook.
3. What three things do you think of most each day? My family, the band, and what’s for dinner. ?
4. What piece of entertainment do you wish you could erase from your mind so that you could experience for the first time again? Anything to do with the musical Hamilton.
5. If you could join any past or current music group which would it be? Any group from the early Motown days. To be a part of that legacy, working with amazingly talented artists like Marvin Gaye, Smoky Robinson, or Stevie Wonder under the guidance of Barry Gordy. That was a game changer. Music of today would be very different without the influence of Motown.
Born in Adrian, MI. Shonn loves movie musicals and credits watching those films with his father, as the beginning of his love for performing. He made his Broadway debut in the revival of 42nd Street and performed in countless musicals in NYC. Shonn joined the Chicago company of Jersey Boys in 2009, where the genesis of Under the Streetlamp began. Shonn serves as the group’s choreographer.