Today’s “Streetlamp Spotlight” is Eric Gutman. We asked the guys five questions and will be sharing the results throughout the week.
1. What motivates you to work hard? Honestly, keeping up with the other guys in the group. Each one of them is incredible in his own way and I just want to make sure I don’t pale in comparison!
2. How would your friends describe you? Sarcastic, loyal, hard-working, funny and just over it all.
3. If you could join any past or current music group which would you want to join? Any group from the grunge era of the 90’s. I absolutely love the Motown and 50’s/60’s era, but I would give about anything for Streetlamp to do a Pearl Jam mashup!
4. What piece of entertainment do you wish you could erase from your mind so that you could experience for the first time again? Cats the Musical…and then I wouldn’t experience it at all. Some things are best just left alone.
5. What’s your favorite thing about touring? Hanging out with 11 other amazing musicians/artists as we get to see parts of the Country we might never get to enjoy otherwise. It’s a true pleasure performing at every venue we go to.
Born in Oak Park, MI with years in between in Southern California. Eric has been a performer since the age of 9 when his grandparents bought him his first guitar. His rock & roll life was molded through a decade of playing in rock bands throughout high school, college and his first move to NYC. His love of mimicking performers led to a 15-year employment with Forbidden Hollywood and Forbidden Broadway. Eric performed in three different companies and six different roles for three years with Jersey Boys.